Questions! Questions! Questions!

Since making the decision to place my kids in public school next year I have heard the same two questions consistently.


1) All of them?

That's easy.  Yes.  Although, B will probably just go to 6th grade part-time and E will go to 1/2 day kindergarten.  So, I won't have quite as much time on my hands as people think!  :-)

2) Why?

This one's a little bit trickier to answer because there really is no one reason.

I can tell you it is NOT because I'm tired of homeschooling or tired of my children.  On the contrary.  I don't think we've had a better year!  Many of my children have made great strides this year and relationships have flourished.  This makes the decision both harder and easier to handle.  I don't think I could accept the answer if I felt there were things amiss.

The short answer is:  The Lord is telling me it's time.  Time to place them in the world in which they are growing up.  Time to loosen my grip on them.  Time to be open for other possibilities the Lord has in store for me and my family.



Of course, looking back I see how the Lord has been preparing me for this decision.  Relationships are stronger now (as I mentioned already).  The homeschooling group I've been a part of has had a shift in purpose making it easy for me to leave them behind.  Lesson plan ideas have stopped flowing.  Certain aspects of the school district I wasn't pleased with in the past have changed or are in the process of changing.

Sure, there are things I'm not too excited about.  For instance, only having my kids around for a few hours each day, Common Core (another post for another time), helping my kids with homework rather than learning with them, etc.  But for the most part I see this as just one big experiment and experience.  I'm anxious to see what the Lord plans to do with this, what new lessons He has for us to learn.  I guess it's time for the next piano piece.

Comments

Popular Posts