Bathroom Reading


I've already posted once about how much I love my bathroom.  I love using the bathroom as a place for idle minds to be truly edified.  So, I was thrilled when I learned that June is National Bathroom Reading Month!

Of course, the book in our bathroom that gets the most comments is THE bathroom book:  What's Your Poo Telling You?   Get it for your husband's for Father's Day, they'll love it!  My son will be acquiring the sequel, "What's My Pee Telling Me" for his father this year.  Can't wait for the reaction! 

Okay, onto a more serious note....

Several months ago I remember hearing my daughter quoting a scripture that is currently in our bathroom, "Seek ye out of the best books...seek learning, even by study and also by faith."  A lightbulb went on that I needed to switch out the scripture periodically.  However, busy life means a lot of fleeting thoughts with not the same amount of action.

So, this month, join me.  Let's put up a different scripture in our bathrooms each week.  Don't mention it to the kids, just do it.  Let's see what happens! 

And, another token thought.... For seminary there have been chosen 100 scriptures to master.  Of all the verses that could have been chosen, have you ever wondered how significant these 100 must be?!  It's a good place to start.

Happy Bathroom Reading Month!  

Comments

Popular Posts