All Things Made Beautiful

"He hath made every thing beautiful in his time" (Eccl. 3:11)


I just witnessed a miracle. 

This weekend our family was in Portland to attend and celebrate a sealing.  My husband's niece was sealed to her husband and their baby on Saturday.  When I walked into the temple Friday night and saw her, I was flabbergasted.  What a transformation!  I have never seen such beauty.  This girl has always been cute, but this weekend she was simply radiating in light. 

Individually, these two people who were sealed have been through a lot. They are full of what I'd call, "life experiences."  About two years ago they were married and began their journey back home.  As I stood on the second floor of the Celestial room in the temple and looked down at my husband's family beneath me, I was overcome with the thought, "I just witnessed a miracle."


"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God...Behold I say unto you, Nay;  neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men (Mosiah 7:27, 29).


The gospel has a transforming power.  One of my favorite things is to watch the repentant change and be made beautiful.  How is this done?  It is through Christ and faith in Him.  And we each have the opportunity to have this same transformation, no matter how dark our path before.  


That which is of God is light;  and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light;  and that light groweth brighter and brighter unitl the perfect day (D&C 50:24).


Each of us has access to that light...every day.  As we access that light through prayer and righteous living, our very countenances change.  As our light gets brighter, we then can stand as witnesses like a light on a hill.  This weekend also showed me that the Lord's door is always open, we just need to step inside.  

Comments

  1. I loved reading that! I felt that when I went to the same Temple just weeks ago for a sealing as well, but it's even more special when it's family. What a blessing that you were able to be there and partake in that goodness. Now to help teach them how to endure. I think that's the hard part. At some point, people stop helping a little because their "boxes" have been checked off (hope that makes sense to you...)
    You are so great at communicating how you feel. I love it and echo your sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts