Recipes!!!

Though I'm still feeling fatigue these days, I have to say I'm having fun finding new recipes.  Here are a few favorites I've found:

Black Bean Brownies

I've never really liked granola....Until now!  I just found the yummiest granola recipe at my latest favorite blog, 100 Days of Real Food.

Delicious Quinoa Salad
1 TBSP olive oil
1 c. quinoa
2 c. vegetable or chicken broth
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. pine nuts (yum!)
1/2 c. green onions
2 TBSP chopped cilantro

Directions:
1. Heat quinoa in oil until it smells toasted (not burnt!).  :-)

2. Add broth and let simmer 15 minutes (or until liquid is gone...watch it closely!)

3. Toast pine nuts in dry pan (don't let them get brown or they'll taste bitter)

Mix all together and serve!

Last but not least...Ice Cream! 
I posted awhile back that I would really miss ice cream...and I do.

There were suggestions given to make banana ice cream.  I tried it, but it was pretty slimy (if you have suggestions on how to make it not slimy, let me know).  

So, after a bit more research I found what should have been an obvious solution.  CREAM!  So, here you go:

2 c. frozen strawberries
1 c. whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. sweetener of choice

Put this all in the blender (we use our VitaMix) and blend it until it's thick.
We have since experimented with chocolate and mint chocolate  (with mint leaves).  So far nothing too successful, but it still satisfies that ice cream craving for me.

Bon Appetite!

Comments

  1. If you like quinoa, here's a chili recipe that we really like. http://katewangsgard.blogspot.com/2010/09/recipe-quinoa-chili.html I'm not sure if it will meet all your new requirements, but I'm guessing it will. It's from my sister-in-law. She has lots of great healthy recipes. They are vegetarians with a vegan leaning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts