My Love

Once upon a time there was a girl who had a crush on a different guy every week....Until she met her match!

"Hey, you want to go out to lunch with me on Thursday?  I know this great place where you can get a burrito this big for five bucks and we can split it!"

Yep.  That is how he asked me out on our very first date.

Little did I know a week later I would know he was the man I was supposed to marry.  Ah, the Lord works in mysterious ways!

Well, several years later I asked my love what he missed most from our dating years.  He mentioned missing surprises he'd find in his apartment.  Yes, I would decorate it every month.  One I remember the most was putting Swedish fish into blue balloons and then scattering the balloons all over his floor.  Accompanying them was a big poster that read, "Of all the fishies in the sea, I'm sure glad you picked me."  (cheese!!!!)

I hadn't realized those escapades were so meaningful to him.  So, I decided every Valentine's Day I would surprise him.  Some things I have done:

take the tags out of Hershey's kisses and replace them with my own typed messages and then scatter them all over his office


 On butcher paper write the top ten reasons why I love him and tape to his office door


 decorate his car to find after work


send him a singing quartet (4 men singing to another man, yeah, you get the picture)


 set up a "restaurant" in our living room for when he comes home from work, the kids were the chefs and  waiters


Deliver a huge teddy bear with balloons to his office, the balloons were filled with messages why I love him


This is by far one of my favorite traditions!  I encourage you to ask your own spouse what he misses most from your dating years and make your romance come alive again!  And, as my parents used to say, "It's the cheese that holds the marriage together."

Happy Valentine's Day!!


Comments

Popular Posts