Word of 2013

Last year my word was Laughter.  I wanted to practice laughing and playing more with my children.  I might have been semi-successful.  :-)

My Word for 2013

INTERDEPENDENCE


There is so much in our church about becoming self-reliant, which is good.  But self-reliant doesn't mean "completely independent from all others."  Maybe the worldly definition of self-reliant is closer to that in an "every man for himself" kind of a way.  Being independent is a strength, yes, but being too independent could be a great weakness.  And I think it's this that the Lord is trying to teach me this year.  Already.  Opportunities for relying on others have already arisen in my life this month and I think I need to wake up and pay attention!  :-)

As President Henry B. Eyring has said, "Each of you is in a unique place in your journey to eternal life. Some have years of experience, and others are early in their mortal discipleship. Each is unique in her personal history and her challenges. But all of you are sisters and beloved daughters of our Heavenly Father, who knows and watches over each of you.  What you have done remarkably well together is to cherish, watch over, and comfort each other. "

Comments

Popular Posts