It's Okay to be Happy!

Image from bokertov.typepad.com

 
Sometimes I forget it's okay to be happy. It's okay to not have a problem that needs fixing. Not that things are perfect (sibling rivalry is at it's peak these days at our house!), but I can say that I'm in a "blessed and happy state" (Mosiah 2:41) right now in my life. Still, this weekend I seemed to forget that that's okay and created mental stress by thinking there must be some kind of problem to fix!

 
Here are some thoughts I've had on why it's okay to be happy:

 

 

 

  1. If we all had trials at the same time, who would do the lifting? It's all in perspective. 
  2. Trials are in the eyes of the beholder. Sometimes we may be going through a "trial" but not call it that because we are "dealing with it" well. 
  3.  We need to save up those moments of happiness so that we can endure the greater trials to come! You know...the calm before the storm. 
  4. Maybe the trial is being happy.  Remember the Pride Cycle?  Don't want to get too comfy in our happiness and forget who to thank!  

    Image from Seminarymoments.blogspot.com
        5. "To much is given, much is required."   A blessed and happy state simply requires more of me...time to step out of my own comfort zones and give more sunshine to those around me. 
      Sorry if this sounds a bit too idealistic.  I really do think sometimes we forget to let ourselves be happy!  In the scriptures we read, "Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy."  Of this scripture Robert D. Hales has said, "Sometimes we forget that our Heavenly Father desires that each of us have this joy (To Act for Ourselves, CR April 2006)."

      Comments

      1. I love this part best: "Trials are in the eyes of the beholder. Sometimes we may be going through a "trial" but not call it that because we are "dealing with it" well."
        That's exactly the way I do things (I think). I'd feel silly calling things I deal with 'trials' when so many other people have HUGE trials. My 'trials' are more just inconveniences and annoyances than life and death situations. I'm sure the things that bother us are sometimes a trial, but nothing compared to some, so I don't complain (much!)
        Attitude is everything and playing the 'glad game' works!

        ReplyDelete

      Post a Comment

      Popular Posts