Motherhood and Obedience

"I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save He shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the thing which He hath commanded them."   - - 1 Nephi 3:7

I saw this scripture in a whole new light last weekend.  In the Gospel Principles book they ask this question:

When has the Lord prepared a way for you to obey Him?

That question really stumped me.  And at the same time I thought, "That is a great question!  I've never thought of that before?" 

So I thought about it.  And thought about it.

Finally, during the Relief Society lesson on Sunday, it hit me. 

MOTHERHOOD! 

The Lord has definitely prepared a way for me to accomplish this commandment...especially on days when I wonder how I'm going to get through the next!

I remember as a youth telling a teacher of mine at school how I wanted to have a large family.  He asked me the inevitable question, "How do you expect to support (pay for) all of them."  I naively stated that the Lord would provide.  Years later I laughed at my naivity and what a "dumb" answer that was!  However, it has dawned on me that maybe it wasn't such a dumb answer after all. 

The Lord has commanded us to have families and therefore, as the scripture testifies, He will provide a way for us to accomplish that command.  I have seen this happen in more ways than one in my life and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to test the Lord at his word.

"For I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise." - - D&C 82:10

Comments

  1. LOVED this post, again!:0) Heavenly Father has thoroughly provided a way for us to care for our growing family! We are blessed to have all 5 of our beautiful children (soon to be 6) through the miracle of adoption. Some of them have quite a few special needs. We are gratefully blessed to have secondary insurance and adoption subsidy funds provided for them, as part of their adoptions. We absolutely see this as an incredible blessing, to be able to see that their needs are met, without near the stress that would normally involved in that! Heavenly Father truly does provide a way to accomplish what He asks us to do! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts