Conference Notes, Part II: Inspiring

I was struck by one speaker's definition of inspiration.

Inspiration:  Making that which is true and good desirable.
And in order to do that we need to know what is truth, what is good and then make those things desirable. 

This may not seem very "ah-ha" to you, but this small definition led me to ponder what is truth and good.  This then made me wonder if I'm teaching my children those things.  The speaker also mentioned that inspiration starts in the CORE phase.  Which rings true with the idea that during CORE phase we are supposed to be teaching truth and error, right and wrong, good and evil.  Which all takes me back to my post from one of our Mentoring Mothers meetings where we discussed teaching math.  Math is a truth.  Math is good.  Therefore, I need to be making math desirable for my children.  This same principle applies to all subjects I feel are necessary for my children to learn.  Sounds simple, but it was a little gem that I took away from the conference, and I liked that definition.  :-)

Comments

  1. That is a powerful definition. It does make you think.

    I wish I would have seen you at the forum! It would have been fun to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts